This is the realm of dentistry dealing with diseases of tissues holding the teeth (gums and bone). It concentrates on:
- Healing diseases of parodontium (parodontosis)
- Rrecovery of 'red' esthetics, that is correcting gum abnormalities
Gingivitis called also parodonthosis is an infectious bacterial disease of gum tissue. If not healed, it leads to loosening and loss of teeth. Beside professional treatments conducted in the dental surgery, such as:
- Removal of tartar
- Open and closed curretage
- Changes on the mucous membrane
The positive result in healing gingivitis depends on correct, perfectly conducted everyday home hygiene implemented by the patient. When you visit the periodontologist, he will teach you what to do and how to clean your teeth correctly, so that you will achieve the desired result.
"Red" esthetics - healing by means of periodontological microsurgery may correct abnormalities in the patient's gums and allow for reconstruction of equilibrium in the gum-mucosa complex.
Recession - shrinking of the gum towards the root end, which reveals the root's surface.
- Treatments of covering the recession
- Regeneration of the area of the related gum (free gum transplantations)
- Thickening of the gum before orthodontic healing
- Augmentation of alveolus by means of transplantation of connective tissue
- Surgical lengthening of clinical crown
- Correcting of frenulum
- Correction of no-tooth outgrowth, tumor of the jaw
- Regeneration by the use of implantation materials
- Preparation for prosthetic